Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#3 - Double Choco Chunk Cookies (5/5 Stars)







Time Elapsed Prep To Eat: about 30 minutes

Prep Notes: These were easy to make; no need to chill dough. I added a smidgen more oil as dough was dry at end of mix.  I used a combo of 2 Enjoy Life Rice Milk Boom Choco Boom Crispy and 2 Regular bars.  I also bought at Cake Castle store Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa (but you can use the regular as well) which is hard to find but gave the cookies an almost black color.

Drum Roll Please! - Overall Score
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars  - AMAZING 
Standard Ingredient/Taste Comparison Score:  5/5 stars
You could not tell a difference between a 'regular' cookie and these.  Dough was moist and crisp.  



So I thought I died and went to heaven today!!! I made Double Choco Chunk Cookies right before the kids were coming home; these were my best cookies ever since I STARTED baking.  I MEAN MY ALL TIME BEST COOKIE using standard and non standard ingredients.    I am not kidding.  They were fudgy on the inside, lightly crispy on the outside, rich but not sugary.  The kids thought the same thing -- "ten out of five stars," "99 out of 100 stars," "really good."  They gave them more than two thumbs up with their feet and arms.  I think amazing sums it up and yes by sundown they were gone.  


I hope you are reading this so you can taste these at some point!  

No comments:

Post a Comment